I’m Melissa, but most people call me Mel. I am a qualified Holistic Hormone Coach, Reiki Practitioner and a doTERRA Wellness Advocate. I’m seizing this opportunity to properly introduce myself to you by providing a little more about me and my journey to becoming a Holistic Hormone Coach.
For the past 22 years I have worked in education as an education assistant, working with young children… guiding, supporting, and nurturing them, whilst watching them grow as individuals. It gave me immense pleasure and was very rewarding being there from the beginning of the year through to the end with them.
So, you’re probably thinking what brought her to being a hormone coach, something totally different from education.
Well, let’s go back 14 years to when it all began… and how my journey on the road to wellness was due to a personal crisis.
In 2006, I began noticing persistent experiences of anxiety and depression, whilst struggling with weight issues, low self-esteem, Amenorrhea (the absence of menstruation), adrenal fatigue and an underactive thyroid, which led to the partial removal of my thyroid.
I felt the full effects of hormonal imbalance and was eventually diagnosed with Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS).
Life was uncomfortable and I was fed up. Having no success with conventional medication or available health treatments, I began to research and study hormonal health, whilst also experimenting and listening to my own body, learning what worked and what didn’t.
In 2016, after many years of studying, I became a qualified integrative nutrition health coach specialising in hormones… growing immensely as a person with every part of my journey making me wiser, kinder and more patient.
All these experiences, drew me to starting my own business so I could empower and teach women how to make their hormones work for them, rather than against them! My mission is to educate women in their teens, 20s, 30s and 40s, on how to take back control of their hormonal health and happiness.
My number one goal is to share my passion and skills, giving hope to those who are suffering. The body has an amazing capacity to heal and recover, if it is just given the chance.
I’m here to empower and teach women how to make their hormones work for them, rather than against them!
- I’m 41.
- I have been married for 13 years to my wonderful and loving husband Cameron, who absolutely loves tropical and exotic fruit.
- We don’t have any children or pets, it’s just the two of us.
- I love raw chocolate, smashed avocado on toast, plus the smell and taste of coffee.
- I have a big scar down my chest from having open heart surgery when I was 18 months old.
- I have half a thyroid.
- My favourite place to go is the beach.
- I love travelling and experiencing different parts of this amazing world that we live in.
- I love hugs and having a laugh.
As an holistic hormone coach, I will support, guide and nurture you every step of the way as we walk together to achieve BALANCE in your life.
My hormone coaching consultations are for women of any age, who are seeking to better understand their hormones and menstrual cycle.
As hormonal issues dramatically vary during the monthly menstruation cycle, my sessions are designed to ensure we fully understand the hormonal issues impacting your health, and providing you with workable solutions to help reduce these symptoms and address the underlying cause.
Through an holistic approach to health and wellness, supporting your body naturally we will achieve:
- UNDERSTANDING – I will help you understand your underlying symptoms, and how hormones play a pivotal role during your monthly menstruation cycle.
- EDUCATION – I will give you clarity on your hormonal imbalance, how your hormonal requirements change during the month, and different ways to naturally support your hormonal fluctuations.
- LIFESTYLE – we will look at lifestyle factors such as nutrition, exercise, and stress to introduce simple, yet effective changes.
- SELF CARE – I will teach you how stress impacts your hormonal health. Educate you on stress reduction techniques, and introduce self care practices into your daily routine.
My motto is “balance your hormones, balance your life”.
Here are a few testimonials from my past clients.
“The lifestyle changes we’ve implemented together has helped me to regulate my cycle, I now have less painful periods and they are more regular”.
“I’m now aware of the foods and supplements that improve fertility and balance hormones and I include them into my diet daily”.
“During the time I’ve worked with Mel I’ve learnt so much about my hormone health. Mel has given me a range of simple yet effective strategies to better manage my hormone health”.
“I no longer suffer with pain and cramping leading up to me period, not to mention the mood swings. Believe me ladies, she can change your life!”.
During July and August 2020 only, I’m offering my blog readers 30% off their initial hormone consultation.
- Cost: Normally $90, now only $63.
- Availability: Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays, plus some evenings.
- Where: At my home in Spearwood or online video calls are also available.
To take advantage of this offer, please reach out to me on email (email@example.com) or phone on 0438 550 911.
“Balance your hormones, balance your life”